Psoriasis and depression

talkhealth is teaming up with a team of experts from the British Skin Foundation to answer your questions on psychodermatology. The clinic is open from 26th to the 29th February.
1 post
Guest Posts
Report Quote

by Guest Posts on Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:46 pm

Psoriasis and depression

Hello - I have had psoriasis for a number of years - initially it was very bad and I was covered all over. I had never heard of it before until I was diagnosed. After hospital treatment, it seemed to go away and then slowly crept back over the years with a few spots here and there. However, over the last couple of years, I have noticed it has become worse and worse and whereas before it didn't bother me it is now having a really negative impact on me. I hate showing my legs and dread the summer but even in the winter when I go to the gym - people can see it on my arms and ankles. I don't feel it's bad enough for hospital treatment again as that was quite radical and I am very aware the more I stress the worse it will become... any tips on what can be done on what seems to be a vicious circle would be very welcome.

Thank you - Penelope
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor