Weight v's confidence

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, CherrySencha, Kazzy

1 post
evette25

by evette25 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:29 am

Weight v's confidence

I am 5'4 and currently struggling to bring my weight down from 12 st to a more manageable 9. I have type 1 Diabetes which for the most part was well controlled. I started gaining weight when I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy. I have loads of pain medication which to be honest is failing to do it's job. The more immediate concern is I am used to being 9 st I had my diabetes under control. Now I am going hyper and hypo and the weight seems to be piling on. I have tried just eating cereal, not eating at all. Staying away from kitchen so there's no temptation. It's making me miserable. As a teen I had an eating disorder and I am finding I am going back to bad habits. I have bought pills which produces ketone's and colon cleanser's. My Gp advises me when I have spoken to her about the weight gain as I can't have it all. A little bit of weight shouldn't be such a great cost if my pain is being managed. I am not sure what to do. I can't look at myself. I hate leaving the house and having to shower and see me makes me well up and cry. I know I have a lot of issues but the weight gain is gnawing away at any kind of normal I have managed over the last 25 years. I have spoken to my family about having my stomach stapled. Next step convince Dr that this is not only affecting me physically but mentally. She may offer some help but I doubt it. Can anyone offer me some helpful advice. please