Been made redundant and struggling

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

2 posts
Steve

by Steve on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:48 pm

Been made redundant and struggling

Hi - I'm new here. I've posted in the first forum and said hello. I guess i'm here as I was made redundant 2 months ago - yep just a few weeks before Christmas. Great timing. This is a first for me as I've never been out of work before and it's getting me down. I try hard to get up each morning as if I'm going to work so I can spend the day job hunting, but it' becoming increasingly difficult to keep motivated. My wife thinks i'm depressed and should see the doctor but I'm not convinced. So thought I'd join a forum like this to talk to others as I'm sure sharing how I feel with others in the same boat will be a more positive experience than popping some pills!

Anyone out there who is also out of work and struggling to find a job? would love to chat.

Steve

Steve

by Steve on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: Been made redundant and struggling

Just wanted to give a quick update really - life's been up and down. But I'm trying to look at the redundancy as an opportunity and now looking at ways I might be able to work for myself - won't say too much yet but will keep you posted.

2 posts