Does Therapy help? Online or offline

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

12 posts
abytwil56

by abytwil56 on Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:59 pm

Does Therapy help? Online or offline

Has anyone tried therapy practices like CBT or ACT for thoughts, feelings acceptance? I am curious how it works for everyone.

"For me CBT works great for thoughts and beliefs, while ACT if mindfulness based is good for generally accepting my state of mind. I have also tried online consultation- chat therapy for anxiety and online sms chatting too. And forums are always the best- sharing affects me the most."

What works for each one of you?

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:34 am

Re: Does Therapy help? Online or offline

Hello

Definitely an interesting question to ask people. As with all these different types of techniques, for some people they work and for others not. We would recommend anyone to try all techniques to see which one helps the most - and also depending on the concern or mood at the time a different or change in such support technique can often be the answer to progression. As with health conditions -what works for one person doesn't always work for the next, and likewise a tried and tested approach that might have worked for years can suddenly stop working and thus we recommend looking to research and try other resources.
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:37 am

I think any therapy where you get talking works. Even on the phone to a friend, talking about your troubles helps. And the online world is also a wonderful resource of advice and support.

There are many types of therapy. All are valid, but which works is down to personal preference. Talking therapy and counselling work for many people. Both online and offline.

grindwalter

by grindwalter on Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:31 pm

Therapy helps clients uncover strengths and learn new skills that will allow them to deal with the challenges that arise in life

Latrice Sang

by Latrice Sang on Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:50 pm

when you work with the right therapist, therapy can be productive and healing, and most of your sessions will probably feel rewarding

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:51 am

I'm a real advocate for therapy: I've had it myself and know that resource is still always there for me. Plus, opening up and getting out those emotions is liberating: I can't live my life suppressing my emotions.

Trails Carolina

by Trails Carolina on Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:16 pm

Yes it helps but if you are going for first time than try to do it naturally i mean try natural therapy first. i recommended a wildlife therapy program called Trails Carolina- A leader in wilderness therapy

stefydoe

by stefydoe on Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:12 am

Latrice Sang wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:50 pm
when you work with the right therapist, therapy can be productive and healing, and most of your sessions will probably feel rewarding
Agree with this...Right therapy work well.

ka0215608@gmail.com

by ka0215608@gmail.com on Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:17 am

Yeah, both are good. In my case last 2years before I'm preferred offline, but at time of Covid I can't follow up it. So I asked to my therapist about online session they provided it very good manner.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:03 am

There are many types of therapy: which is the right one is up to the individual. I won't list all the types of therapy, but Google can do that for you!

I tried counselling, but that didn't work: talking about problems didn't aid me with my emotions. BUT counselling does work for millions and millions of people. I find creative therapy - such as creative writing and art - help heal me. But if I were not artistic, that type of therapy would not work.

See what works for you: and vice-versa. No matter how minor the therapy you choose may seem, don't let that put you off.

12 posts