Mental health stigma

Moderators: talkhealth, Geckoella

5 posts
shyroon025@gmail.com

by shyroon025@gmail.com on Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:39 pm

Mental health stigma

Mental health stigma arises due to lack of understanding and awareness of supporting mental health. People often feel hesitant to share their struggles for fear of negative judgment and comments from others. Mental health stigma keeps people from seeking help from others.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:46 am

Re: Mental health stigma

it is an illustration of a shame. It's likewise shame when an individual with dysfunctional behavior is taunted or called powerless for looking for help. Disgrace frequently includes erroneous generalizations.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:07 pm

There is such stigma surrounding the subject of mental health: people with mental health problems don't ask to be sick: they are health patients like any other. It's like you wouldn't insult someone for having a broken leg: why should mental health be any different?

I know many people who have mental health problems and - even though life can be hard - they get up every day and try to live a normal life.

If someone you know has mental health difficulties, find out more about them and do be understanding.

anas101siddiqui

by anas101siddiqui on Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:12 am

Hello,

I appreciate your post about mental health stigma, as it's a topic that deserves more attention and open conversation. Breaking down the barriers around mental health is crucial for fostering understanding, empathy, and support within our communities.

Your courage in addressing this issue is commendable, and it's heartening to see individuals like yourself advocating for a more compassionate and informed approach to mental well-being. It's important to remember that mental health is a spectrum, and each person's experience is unique.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:04 am

anas101siddiqui wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:12 am
Hello,

I appreciate your post about mental health stigma, as it's a topic that deserves more attention and open conversation. Breaking down the barriers around mental health is crucial for fostering understanding, empathy, and support within our communities.

Your courage in addressing this issue is commendable, and it's heartening to see individuals like yourself advocating for a more compassionate and informed approach to mental well-being. It's important to remember that mental health is a spectrum, and each person's experience is unique.
I like your post here. You've said things that resonate with me. And perhaps with many other people: even those who have to cope with people close to them who have mental health problems.

5 posts