39, married, worried about phimosis

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
concerned39

by concerned39 on Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:52 pm

39, married, worried about phimosis

Greetings! First time posting, bit embarrassed to ask this but at this point, I think I waited long enough in my life. lol.

I've been with my wife for 20 years (she was 18 and I was 19). I was her first and she was my first.

We've always had amazing sex; never any complaints from either of us (not just saying that to spare myself the embarrassment. It's always
been beyond great for both of us).

However, I've never been able to retract my foreskin entirely during sex.

It's never caused me discomfort or pain, to the point that I've never even questioned it - and since we were each other's first, it was never out of the ordinary for her either. It was always just loose enough to feel perfectly fine - but clearly the tip is extremely narrow. We just chalked it up to some penis's being circumsized, and some not.

There was only one time during sex that it retracted to completion, and it took me off guard entirely to the point that I thought something was wrong. It was just uncomfortable enough that I put it back down immediately.

I had no idea this wasn't normal until recently - and after doing a lot more research, I'm wondering if this something that I should worrying about. Do I have phimosis, or just excessive foreskin? I've also always had a scar under my penis that goes from the tip to where the foreskin would've been removed. Could something have happened after birth and made the doctor decide it needed to be stitched back up?

Again, discomfort and hygiene have never been an issue, but now that I'm almost 40, I'm really hoping that I can get some tips on how to fix this issue (in regards to steroid creams, stretching techniques, and whether or not I should see a urologist, etc).

Any help would be great and apologies for the long winded post. Thanks

Rickyhom

by Rickyhom on Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:57 pm

Re: 39, married, worried about phimosis

As a health professional I would say - don't worry about it. It has never caused you any real problems and every male is different. What is normal for you is absolutely fine and nothing to worry about. I really don't think you have anything that needs fixing.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:26 am

Re: 39, married, worried about phimosis

Most young men's prepuces don't pull back (withdraw) before the age of 5, yet at times it's impractical until they're 10 or more seasoned. The finish of a kid's penis might lump or inflatable when they pee, especially on the off chance that their prepuce is tight.

3 posts