Intermittent fasting - any experiences

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
kelboy80

by kelboy80 on Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:32 am

Intermittent fasting - any experiences

Hi all,

I'm considering trying intermittent fasting the 16/8 schedule. I'm in my early 40s, in okay shape but could do with shifting probably around 10lbs. I already excercise 3-4 times a week mix of weights and HIIT cardio but have found post 40 a few pounds creeping on and harder to lose.

Weight loss is not only the reason for thinking of trying intermittent fasting as reading up it says you can generally feel better, better gut health, reduces chances of certain disease. However like any of these things you also read that it is not so good, can cause the body to enter starvation, diet misses out on key proteins and nutrients etc.

So asking for any 'real' experiences.....

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:30 am

Re: Intermittent fasting - any experiences

There are times I don't eat anything: I just ignore my hunger. But the next day I will end up eating a few squares of chocolate and a strawberry jam sandwich. I may even eat a bag of crisps. But I try to be cautious with what I eat. That means no takeaways or fatty pizzas.

I don't deliberately starve myself but I don't always fulfill my hunger pangs.

smithwilfer80@gmail.com

by smithwilfer80@gmail.com on Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:29 am

Re: Intermittent fasting - any experiences

I totally get what you are facing. I was hesitant about intermittent fasting too, thinking I'd be starving all the time. But surprisingly, it's not the case always. Our bodies adapt, and hunger decreases over time. Give it a try and see how it goes for you!

3 posts