Miscarriage

If you have general questions about fertility and/or contraception that are not covered by any of the forums listed below, please post them here for our experts to answer.

Moderator: talkhealth

4 posts
Karen78

by Karen78 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:45 pm

Miscarriage

Over the past 7 years I have had 8 miscarriages. I was lucky enough to have a daughter who is now 3, but would love more children and have had 4 miscarriages since her birth. I have an appointment with the recurrent miscarriage unit at St Mary's in October, and would like any advice you can give on preparing for this in terms of diet, supplements or anything else ? I am now 34 and would like to be as fit and healthy as possible before I start any programme with them (I have undergone test with my local hospital and they have found no problems)

Thank you

Foresight

by Foresight on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:07 am

Re: Miscarriage

Hi Karen,

Foresight has been working with people with very similar histories to yours for over 30 years and we cannot emphasise enough the importance of preconception health. Healthy diet and lifestyle in BOTH partners is essential for good fertility and poor nutrition and toxicity is often a barrier to conception as well as being a factor in repeated miscarriage.

At Foresight, we help couples address their nutritional deficiencies and to eliminate toxicity – leading to improved health in general, increased fertility and conception rates. We support our couples from preconception through to birth and beyond to ensure that mother and baby are supported nutritionally throughout. Lifestyle changes such as giving up smoking and alcohol are important steps to take along with changes in diet and nutritional supplementation and elimitation of sources of toxicity such as copper and lead, through water filtering and looking at geopathic and electromagnetic stress – these are some of the factors which can prevent pregnancy and which Foresight have helped couples to identify and overcome leading to successful conception and healthy pregnancies.

The Foresight Team
Foresight
http://www.foresight-preconception.org.uk
Registered charity number: 279160

Karen78

by Karen78 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Thank you Foresight, for your reply. I am a member and used your programme when I had my daughter. I'm still using the programme and taking the vitamins but as you can see it hasn't worked this time unfortunately. We are both continuing with it and exercising regularly and neither of us smoke and we have stopped drinking. Just wondering if the nhs had some additional advice that could help - just be good to be as prepared as possible for our appointment at St Mary''s to give us the best chance possible.

Thank you

Infertility Network UK

by Infertility Network UK on Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:40 am

Hi. You will have blood tests to check all the clotting disorders, which if found, can often be dealt with by the use of simple remedies. Usually both you and your husband/partner will be checked for any chromosome disorders – more blood! If you haven’t had one, then a detailed scan of your womb might be ordered, just to check whether there are any problems that might be causing the miscarriages. You need to be jotting down any questions you might want to ask when you go – even if you think they are silly! If something is bothering you then ask. You’ve already had all the nutritional advice given you by Foresight, so continue to eat healthily and exercise to keep fit. I do hope all goes well with the consultation and you eventually succeed in adding to your family.
Infertility Network UK
Charity Registration No. 1099960
For more information visit http://www.infertilitynetworkuk.com

4 posts