Children and Eczema

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

36 posts
JulieR

by JulieR on Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:38 am

Re: Eczema in a 2 year old

I checked it out but I must have missed the ending. This sounds like the beginning of my daughter's life. What did you do that has helped? We've had some great success in "curing" her excema and curious as to what others are doing or have done.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to hearing from you.

Julie R.

steff

by steff on Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:36 pm

hi i know how you feel my son had eczema very bad on his legs arms his feet and he really suffers he had every cream going there is and spent a lot of time at the gps trying to get something that wokrs he suffers really badly lack of sleep for me and him has he constantly tearing at it every night and crying because it so sore bless him he 6 and its so frustating for him and me has i cant do much more then im doing to make it better there is a bath oil that he using at the momnet which isnt to bad called diprobath that might help her a bit and ive got a cream that i can use has sopa in the bath for him and medicine like prirton to stop him tearing at at night it very hard to control and manage but keepon at your doctors to give you new creams and see how it works i hope you find something xxsteff

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:31 pm

Steff

Hi both my kids suffer, you'll see my comments all over this sight. Do you wet wrap? I have found it a god send for sleep. All bath oils made things worse, something we worked out not the doctors. My son never used to play as a baby/todder he would just tear at his feet on the carpet. Dermasilk sock liners were a great help in the daytime, these are now available on prescription.. We only buy gore-tex boots so his feet can breath. The biggest breakthrough for us came when we removed all carpets in lounge and bedrooms. His feet are much improved. It seemed like a massive expensive gamble, but worth every penny. I always said i'd live on baked beans if it ment I could afford whatever treatment may help. I'd advise anyone to give this special thought. Both my kid feet and hand noticably flare at friend or relatives houses.
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

JulieR

by JulieR on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:12 pm

I have some information that will change your situation if you are ready for healing. Please e-mail me at wellness_country@msn.com and put "EXCEMA INFO" in the subject line.

Julie R.

JulieR

by JulieR on Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:15 pm

Please e-mail me at wellness_country@msn.com and put "EXCEMA INFO." in the subject line and I'll get you very useful information about excema that works on the excema from the inside out rather than covering up the symptoms.

Julie R.

shelly

by shelly on Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:05 am

AnnaB wrote:Steff

Hi both my kids suffer, you'll see my comments all over this sight. Do you wet wrap? I have found it a god send for sleep. All bath oils made things worse, something we worked out not the doctors. My son never used to play as a baby/todder he would just tear at his feet on the carpet. Dermasilk sock liners were a great help in the daytime, these are now available on prescription.. We only buy gore-tex boots so his feet can breath.
The biggest breakthrough for us came when we removed all carpets in lounge and bedrooms. His feet are much improved. It seemed like a massive expensive gamble, but worth every penny. I always said i'd live on baked beans if it ment I could afford whatever treatment may help. I'd advise anyone to give this special thought. Both my kid feet and hand noticably flare at friend or relatives houses.
Hi AnnaB,that was quite interesting to note...so very much:)I am definitely going to give that a try.By the way,how old are your kids now..could i ask?
Shelly

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:57 pm

My son is just 4 who is generally who I wrote about. My daughter is 21 months.

If you go with wood floors please try to get a good surface. My daughters room we put a basic range down and it is so very slippery. Plus slippers for the winter are a must!!

Good Luck, it's lovely to think my advice is helpful. How old is your child with eczema?

Anna
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

JulieR

by JulieR on Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:39 pm

Has anyone done any research on building up the immune system with foods and nutrients? Does getting rid of things that harm the immune system help? Do you know what might harm the immune system? Suggestions and ideas would be helpful in putting together some important information from others.

Thank you,

Julie

Tammi

by Tammi on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:07 pm

Two year old with eczema

Hi , I am new to the forum. My two year old son developed eczema last February. We live in France and after trying various products here have finally found a cream from England that keeps things fairly well under control .It's called Aqueous Calamine Cream made by Thornton and Ross.
Can anyone recommend a moisturising cream suitable for infants ,everything suggested by the peadiatrician so far has not helped or made things worse. The emollients and creams seem to aggrivate his skin even further.
I am confused by the allergy tests eg. told that they are not reliable .We eliminated dairy products with no effect and have been advised to make no changes to his diet (although we try to avoid/limit trigger foods).
My son's eczema was very minimal during the summer but as soon as it turned cold it flared up practically overnight. We have had to stop swimming lessons which he loves and when we do go people stare as though we are spreading a deadly disease!!
Any suggestions re dietary changes and creams would be gratefully appreciated ,thanks

1635Mary

by 1635Mary on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Re: Two year old with eczema

Hi

I tried dietary changes too, excluding diary, citrus, tomatoes etc, but to no avail. I believe my sons eczema is hereditary as asthma and hayfever run in both families. Recently we've been told that the cause of his eczema is a faulty gene and I have read lately on the internet that research to develop a drug for this is ongoing, so I live in hope for a cure :)

As for a cream, I am very confident using DermaSalve, as it doesn't contain any nasties :evil: . Also I use the Organic Ultra Rich from the Essential Care range before swimming to try to prrevent the skin from drying out as much as possible.

I've tried loads of different creams and have spent a fortune, I at least try to use all natural (except for the dreaded steroids).

Best of luck with it and if you find a great cream, please let us know.

Regards
Mary

36 posts