What worked for my daughter's severe eczema

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
Mykidsmom

by Mykidsmom on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:05 pm

What worked for my daughter's severe eczema

My heart goes out to all all of the parents with young children and babies with eczema. I know how powerless, sad, hopeless and frustrated you can feel watching your little one go through all of this while you try a million different suggestions and products that may help for a while, or make it worse. Some of them sting, stain clothes, are expensive, etc. My daughter had eczema very badly from the time she was a baby. Cracking, bleeding, severe scratching in her sleep, infections- you name it. We would try 3 products at a time sometimes: moisturize, treat, and control the itch. One day I was out of her medicine and we were in a hurry so I just grabbed my face cream and put it all over her. I was astonished to see amazing results. Tired of hydrocortisone amongst other side effects, I decided to keep trying it to see if it was just going to work for 3 days and then make it flare up like so many other things. Well it has been months and months and it has been the only thing that has truly kept it under control. Maybe even healed it. My daughter is 6 now and we're using Ecco Bella Age Antidote Day Cream. Her skin loves the nutrients in it. It is expensive: about $35-$45 for 2 ounces, but you don't need much. Blessings to all of you and your little ones!

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:34 am

Re: What worked for my daughter's severe eczema

Glad you found something that works :)
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

2 posts