champor and coconut oil

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
kaigausista

by kaigausista on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:28 pm

champor and coconut oil

one to two days ago a friend of mine gave me a bottle of coconut oil mixed with champor to try on my son's eczema face. Applied it that evening and the next day the redness on his has cleared. It seems to have worked!!! well figured i'd keep using it for another week and see how it goes. For now though it seems to be working well.... fingers crossed I don't have to go looking for another cream. Just wondering if anyone has tried this remedy before.

ritsluiter

by ritsluiter on Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:21 pm

Re: champor and coconut oil

Hi, we've also started using virgin coconut oil and applying it to my daughter's skin. It takes away the redness of any of the spots during the course of the night but it doesn't seem to relieve the itching as such. Please post an update as to how this is working now after some time! Thanks

kaigausista

by kaigausista on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:42 am

Re: champor and coconut oil

well i've ran out of coconut oil and champor. Anyway, on the face only would i use the coconut oil mixed with champor and yes it does take away the redness but it doesn't seem to solve the dry skin problem. His cheeks especially would still be flaky at times. The good thing though was that the eczema on his face seems to stay only in one area and does not spread. Just on the cheeks. When i use aveeno, diprobase or any other moisturizer the redness on his face just spreads like wild fire and he scratches his face like crazy. That is one good thing i find about using coconut oil on the face, mixed with champor of course. As for the itching...surprisingly it somehow reduces the itching. He only tends to scratch his face when he is frustrated. I guess the only downfall was that the dryness won't go away. The good, well less itching, less redness and the eczema is confined only in one area and does not spread compared to when i use other creams. Now for the body, since i got the coconut oil champor from a friend I didn't have much for the whole body so I tried using using coconut oil mixed with chinese medicine on the rest of his body. He had bad reaction to it, the dry patches increased and so I had to stop using immediately. I had to use hydrocortizone cream on the patches which i applied only for two days and the patches were gone especially on his shoulders, neck, chest and back. Now am just using other forms of moisturizers to experiment with on his body. But his body is back to baby skin except for the knees area and the face. Just worried that it'll come back with a vengeance lol. I don't know if he reacted to the chinese medicine or its the coconut oil. Coz when my older son (other son) was small I'd use pure coconut oil for his skin even before he had eczema and the more I use the more dry patches that appear on his body.

3 posts