What can I use for my face?

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

6 posts
toniiixx

by toniiixx on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:29 pm

What can I use for my face?

I'm 23, I've had Eczema all my life, recently i get it on my face, really bad.

sometimes its under my eyes, or on my eyelid... I put this down to the eyeliner i use..

I get it around my mouth
- Above my top lip it is dry skin cracks flakes..

and some times around the bottom of my lip

I had my lip pierced 4 years ago and took it out 2 years ago... there is still a big hole there and i think it has something to do with that as i never got it like this before hand?!

I used to wear liquid foundation stopped that and started a power and wear very little of it at that...

I went to the doctors and they gave me a steroid cream and that worked fora while and then stopped and my mum wanted me to stop using it as it thins...

i found a natural cream online someone with the same problem as me was using called 'salcura' 'zeoderm'

it helps mositruise but does not seem to be helping take away the flakeness

i often put on a face mask sometimes this help for a day which will leave the effected areas red instead of flaky...

i have just started seeing somebody and feel abit embassred about how i look and i work in aa supermarket and when its at its worse i get children shouting whats wrong with her,ect at me/their parents and it is a condfence knock..

i am pretty much stopped wearing foundation altogether now

i have been told to go on a sunbed and i have a facetanner but things like that i would like to stay away from...

mariejane

by mariejane on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:00 pm

Re: What can I use for my face?

one doctor prescribed Eumovate for me, I used this for a while, then another doctor told me it was
too strong for the face. He prescribed Protopic 0.1% ointment. I must say this has worked rather well and it is not a steroid.

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:44 am

Kudos to you that you're staying away from suntanning.. it certainly isn't good for the skin, and I'm not sure if a weakened skin barrier in the case of eczema individuals are at a higher risk if exposed to sun.. in any case, treatment of the eczema should take priority over covering it up :)

Try your dermatologist for a non-steroid topical cream, like protopic, that seemed to work for quite a few, esp. those who didn't get the stinging sensation (which is one of the top feedback of it)

Take care,
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

Freddy17

by Freddy17 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:06 am

HI

My name is Freddy im 17 suffer from awful eczema. All over my face, back,neck,arms,wrists,hands very dry painful and it was really starting to make my life a misery. I tried every cream going and only recently have i found the cure!! When i say i tried everything i mean literally everything until one day my mum suggested a chinese herbalist. I was reluctant to try it as i thought it was just ballshit. I've had one session of acupuncture and have been drinking chinese herbs for about 5 days once in the morning and once in the evening. I was also given a special cream to put on. My eczema has never been better. Its completely gone from my face and back. My wrists and arms have improved significantly and continue everyday to get better. I seriously recommend going to a chinese herbalist its not cheap but it is so worth it. Im so much happier as a result and its only been a week. Today was such nice weather and it was so nice to be able to take my jumper off and wear just a t-shirt without feeling self conscious. I know what its like to have terrible eczema and it is the worst thing constantly worrying about if your face looks all flakey and covering up your arms from everyone. Hope you try it and have the same result as i have. Good Luck

sunny81

by sunny81 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:11 pm

While Protopic is a good (non steroidal), it is known to cause cancerous effects. This is on some rare cases. Either way, when using it - stay out of the sun. Or use the 0.03 version meant for kids :)
Sunny81

rocksteadyb

by rocksteadyb on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:04 pm

What kind of soap are you using? Most generic soaps even Ivory uses some form of chemicals and or dyes. Try using a natural organic soap with an olive oil base. The olive oil helps retain mositure and eliminates the itching. I've been using it for about a week now and the results are great. They usually sell natural soaps at most health food stores. I get mine at buzzysessentials.com because I know it works.

6 posts