Please help me :)

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
shirlzmcb

by shirlzmcb on Sat May 18, 2013 11:56 am

Please help me :)

I'm 37 and have suffered mild eczema all my life but just on my knees and elbows. It's always been so mild that iv never actually used anything on it. Just a little patch the size of maybe a 50p. That was until November of last year. Since then I'm in living hell. I am under some stress which I know can cause it to flair up but unfortunately I can't control the stress.
It has now flaired up on my scalp, back, tummy, arm both sides, ears, feet legs knees, practically everywhere except my face and hands. It's driving me mad. Iv tried oilatum oil, tea tree, fucibet,hydrocortisone cream, diprobase, aveeno, various creams from the health shop, I'm taking vitamin supplements recommended by the health shop. I'm washing my hair in Capasal shampoo even though it stinks lol, but nothing works. Someone must know what to use to sort this out. Iv not changed washing powder nor do I eat anything different to what I normally would. I vacuum religiously, including my bed as I also have asthma.
Please please please help me as I am really at the end of my tether. The itch is killing me and is impossible to not scratch, please help before someone asks if iv got fleas lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shirley xx

sunny81

by sunny81 on Mon May 20, 2013 5:24 pm

Re: Please help me :)

Hi Shirley,

Sorry no ones got back to you.

Going by what you say, I think it could be your clothes. The only part thats not covered is hands and face, are you wearing more cotton based clothing?

Another suggestion is the Dermasilk range, its quite pricey but available on prescription which definately helps!

My suggestion would be, stop trying different things until you have seen a dermatologist, or at the very least your GP.

Let me know how things go, all the best.
Sunny81

Miss Kitty Fantastico

by Miss Kitty Fantastico on Mon May 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: Please help me :)

Hi Shirley,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Google ITSAN as I think that they can help you.

I'd put a tenner on it.

PM me if you need xxx

3 posts