Eczema Products that work and dont work?

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
Allergyhub

by Allergyhub on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:26 am

Eczema Products that work and dont work?

I have been through a LOT of products trying to help with eczema - day time, night time, hot weather, cold weather, wet weather - honestly it has been a struggle

I'm now collating together a list of them for people to review (like a tripadvisor for skin I guess) and am asking for people to contact me to submit reviews (1 or 2 lines and a star rating will be good)

Please contact me :)

Leyla

sunny81

by sunny81 on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:03 am

Re: Eczema Products that work and dont work?

Thing is here that what may work for me, may not work for you and vice versa.

I still think its a good idea to share these things with the world, so heres mine..

What works;

Aveeno cream - it keeps my skin hydrated for hours (upto 12, maybe more) without it feeling greasy or shiny.

What doesnt work;

Anything else haha!
No, I have tried the following;

Aqueous - works, but dries out too quickly. Also had reports of it thinning the skin.
Cetraben - this was pretty good, but again, it felt very greasy and dried out the skin in minutes after application.
Vaseline - Works like a charm and still use it on my hands, but anywhere else on the body - its sticky, greasy and will make your face shine like a china doll :lol:
Doublebase - dries out too quick
Dermol - doest work too good and it contains some sort of detergent (i read somewhere). I still use this for washing my hands as soap substitute and works well for that.

I think thats all

Oh I use Doublebase shower gel for washing, great stuff - leaves skin feeling soft then you apply Aveeno and you're good to go!

Hope this helps :)
Sunny81

2 posts