Which moisturiser is best for you as eczema patient

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

37 posts
CinammonWaffleJ

by CinammonWaffleJ on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:23 am

Re: Dermol Creams

It's alright, it's just one of those things really. I can understand how hard it was for him having to put up with me feeling low all the time coz i took my moods out on him. N the house we were living in just wasn't clean enough for me to improve. We're staying friends though hopefully. It'll just take time! My oldest friend Aydan came over last night, which he couldn't have done if I was still in Huddersfield. So I know I'm in the right place!

Got my review with the dermatologist today to see if I can do the treatments at home, then even if I need to go back for check ups every so often it's not much of a problem! Think my Mum's gonna put me on her car insurance haha!

Aww bless him! Bet he's in a better mood for it with being able to sleep properly, and you should be blowing your own trumpet coz it is a good thing! =]
Never say goodbye because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.- Peter Pan ♥

lucyconnor

by lucyconnor on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:22 pm

Thanks, his mood is improving lots.

Oh well I hope you are ok, and manage to get through it :)

Good luck at dermatologist and keep me informed. It's good chatting to someone who understands.

CinammonWaffleJ

by CinammonWaffleJ on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:02 am

I bet it is! I think a lot of the problem related with eczema is confidence and mood, it's very stressful to keep happy all the time when you're in pain... I think it's a bit of a vicious cycle, stress leads to flare ups. Then you add the stress of applying creams etc and it makes things worse a lot of the time!

I think the first couple of days were the hardest for me... Today though I'm feeling like a huge weight has been lifted!

Got a phone call yesterday before i left for my treatment saying I had a bed, got ALL my stuff ready to be admitted, when i got there the Doctor almost didnt recognise me! haha! So i've been told i just need to go back in a months time to see how i'm getting on! So happy about it!

I'm hoping to organise some charity fundraisers to raise awareness and help in that way as well! I'll definitely be keeping you up to date! Since I joined here I've been a lot more positive in my thinking after seeing what other people have tried! You're right it is good to have people that understand! :D
Never say goodbye because saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.- Peter Pan ♥

lucyconnor

by lucyconnor on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:39 pm

Where are you from?

I have been doing some research into charity fundraising for raising awareness. If we are close we could maybe try and work together. I have a few ideas but need to start pulling things together.

Glad you are feeling better about things :)

Helen24

by Helen24 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:36 pm

Hi there

I was just reading your posts and would also like to get involved in raising awareness for eczema sufferers. I've had it quite bad now for about 5 years (particularly on my face over the last 2 years) and have had enough. A bad flare-up last week led me to look for natural remedies on the internet & I found this site. It's so nice to know I'm not the only one!

Helen

lucyconnor

by lucyconnor on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:17 pm

That's brilliant Helen (obviously not that you are suffering) and I am going to look into some funding and things.

CinammonWaffleJ

by CinammonWaffleJ on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:26 am

Lucy, I'm living in Scunthorpe now... pretty close to Doncaster and Grimsby.

I made a group on facebook if you're interested? Someone I know has suggested using itchy and scratchy from the simpsons as mascots... I'm not sure if it's doable coz of copyright and such, but the idea's there!

dirtydancing

by dirtydancing on Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:53 pm

Balneum Cream

Hi all was wondering if anyone has used this. my daughter is using there bath oil at present with no problems.

she has been using epiderm but has had no improvement in fact got worse. I have looked at the ingredients and seem there are no sls in it which epiderm have(seems to be affected by sls)

Thanks in advance.

sunny81

by sunny81 on Tue May 03, 2011 1:02 pm

Which moisturiser is best for you as eczema patient

Which do you (/your children) use and which have kept the dryness at bay for the longest?

Thanks

Ill start, Cetraben and Epaderm are both ok,but both dry out in a few hours.. petroleum jelly is a good long lasting one, but greasy as hell..
Sunny81

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Tue May 03, 2011 9:17 pm

Re: Which moisturiser is best for you as eczema patient

The main 5 we use are

Cetraben - good but can sting
Hydromol - better on sore skin but leaves greasy finish
Emollin spray - reasonable but not as effective as any of the others but good for stress relief and speed. No need to rub in and actually makes my kids laugh.
Dermol - good when infected - foliculitus
50:50 - really wet and really greasy - goes easily onto sore skin - but messy - use at night when bad. - also we were advised to use this when the kids had chicken pox.
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

37 posts