Corneotherapy

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

5 posts
Ian

by Ian on Fri May 27, 2011 11:53 am

Corneotherapy

Has anybody come across Corneotherapy?

Its principle concept is to heal the outer layer of the skin barrier, by using products that are similar to the skin, no petrochemicals, no emulsifiers, no perfumes.

We all know that these chemicals can exasperate the symptoms of eczema. Reading about Corneotherapy has made me realise why!

sad-sack

by sad-sack on Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:29 am

Re: Corneotherapy

can you please give more information thank you

Ian

by Ian on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:54 am

Hi sad sack

We have all seen the pictures of the wall of skin cells with the cracks in them, which allow the toxins into the body. Most people agree that Eczema skin has a lack of natural oil in it. Doctors will tell you to apply emollients to replace that oil. BUT most of the creams seem to be made up of Petrochemicals which the body does not recognise. In Corneotherapy, you use oils that the body does recognise, and can use. By applying a cream that is similar to the skin, you are helping the skin.
As I was reading about this a lot of things seemed to fall into place, for me. There is a lot of other stuff about the chemicals in the creams but it comes down to use fewer chemicals and use products the skin knows.
The problem is it does not cure because you have to keep applying the cream, I suppose until the body produces its own oils.
To this end I have also been giving my son Omega Oils, to put the oil inside as well as out. There is a great range called Eskimo Kids, deep sea sourced oils and they come in bottles rather than capsules. But really high in EPA and DHA.
We have been using Dermaviduals for the past few weeks and so far so good. His skin is calmer and softer.
I realise from reading this forum that it is not going to be the answer to everybody, and diet, lifestyle etc., play a huge part but it is working for us.

sad-sack

by sad-sack on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:01 am

thanks i did try this and mentioned it to the dermatologist, who said this would be more effective on children with eczema, cause adults have food allergies, and skin allergies and poor oli control in on the skin as well as very dry and damages skin, which is skin badly damaged over time but scratching for years, so the skin is unable to form a Protective layer to keep the nasty allergens out..but with kids some times its only one of these things so their eczema goes when they grow up.

sad-sack

by sad-sack on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:04 am

sorry just submited it without saying thanks IAN for the information i think it will help a lot of children.

5 posts