Quetiapine and abnormal ECG result

If you have questions about depression then please ask our experts here.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
poppysnowdrop

by poppysnowdrop on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:46 pm

Quetiapine and abnormal ECG result

I have been on quetiapine for about 3 years, i have recurrent depressive disorder, bipolar traits and dysthymia. I also take duloxetine, clonazepam and pregabalin.

I had my annual ECG done and it shows a prolonged Q-T interval. I have to see my psychiatrist urgently on weds to review my medication. I am terrified of going off the quetiapine, i have recently gone up to 600mg at night because of some pseudo psychotic experiences. in the past when i have been off it in hospital i was intensely suicidal and the worst i have ever been, i don;t want to go there again, i have tried olanzapine, lithium, risperidone, chlorpromazine, flupenthixol. aripriprazole and lamotrigene and they were no use, i am treatment resistant to anti-depressants too.

Will i have to choose between my mental well being and my heart?

thanks for listening

poppysnowdrop

Annette Boden - Counsellor

by Annette Boden - Counsellor on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:12 am

Re: Quetiapine and abnormal ECG result

Hi Poppysnowdrop. I understand your fears and I would tell your psychiatrist this tomorrow. I am sure they will be able to offer some good advise and support.
Annette Boden - Hypnotherapist, psychotherapist, Counsellor
MSc, BSc(Hons)Psychology, MBPsS, FNSHP, ADHP (NC) Adv.Dip THP (N-SHAP), Adv.Dip (NCHP), Member: CRAH; HA; HCB. UKCP registered hypno-psychotherapist. CNHC registered Hypnotherapist.

2 posts