STARTED AS SMALL RASH IN DEC NOW SPREAD ALL OVER

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

3 posts
DJLINNEN89

by DJLINNEN89 on Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:35 pm

STARTED AS SMALL RASH IN DEC NOW SPREAD ALL OVER

Can anybody please help me to confirm what this rash is, showed up in Dec and has been progressively been getting worse I'm assuming stress might have something to do with it but it's driving me crazy and quite painful now. Doctors not interested in face to face, just been sending pics first time round said it was impetigo, second time they said it was dermatitis. Been given betnovate and epimax aswell as fucidin cream. It started as a tiny rash on back of both hands and now it pretty much all back of both hands up both arms and now on back.
Attachments
50.jpg
50.jpg (143.01 KiB) Viewed 7963 times
20220404_180713.jpg
20220404_180713.jpg (134.58 KiB) Viewed 7963 times
20220404_180719.jpg
20220404_180719.jpg (143.16 KiB) Viewed 7963 times

Marcie Mom

by Marcie Mom on Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:25 am

Re: STARTED AS SMALL RASH IN DEC NOW SPREAD ALL OVER

Sorry to hear that, and your skin needs some treatment. My kid had got impetigo before, and she was given oral antibiotics, which helped to reduce/prevent infection (especially needed if your skin feels tender/warm) and reduce bacterial load. That way, moisturizer and steroid creams help ow there's constant flareup caused by the staph bacteria on skin. Antibiotics cream also help. Or if you can get some antiseptic like chlorhexidine (but drying to skin, must moisturize), can wipe down the skin to reduce bacteria. Just based on experience caring for my child's skin - need treatment, not the regular moisturizing will do when the skin reaches this stage, take care!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/author/mei_m/

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:36 pm

Re: STARTED AS SMALL RASH IN DEC NOW SPREAD ALL OVER

Marcie Mom has advice I'd take.

My skin became like that months ago, when I had contact with bleach. I now cannot even go near a single drop of bleach without a red flare-up. There was a tiny amount of bleach in my bathroom sink: my skin immediately became red and sore. I now won't go near the stuff.

Because your skin looks like it is allergic to something you've come into contact with: some chemical. Because it looks like a chemical burn. I'd narrow down what you've been in contact with. Do you work with chemicals or clean with chemicals?

Anyhow, Marcie Mom has it right.

3 posts