seborrhoeic eczema

Moderators: talkhealth, Koh Ming Shao, Marcie Mom, StephanieJae, AnnaB

Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis

Postby Marcie Mom on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:22 am

Great to see people who found ways to manage their eczema :)

As a mom of an eczema toddler, I consider treatments carefully and always check if there are sufficient clinical studies on them. While a ingredient may be associated with improved skin, its usefulness on a child may depending on various factors:
1. How much of the ingredient has been studied to be useful, and is that amount safe for a child?
2. In what form is the ingredient useful? It is studied to be effective if applied on skin or if consumed. And is both of these safe for a child?
3. What are the other ingredients that go into a product? A natural product may not be so pure after processing into a bottle

Also on diets, whether a certain diet works will depend on whether the foods eliminated are the ones triggering an allergic reaction in the individual in the first place, and whether the foods remaining gives the child sufficient nutrition for healthy growth. There's a study that linked fast food with worsened eczema but just eating fruits and vegetables may miss out other nutrition for a growing child. There's another study on hardened water, and surprisingly, found no relation with effects on eczema.

Skin prick test is an accurate allergy test, and in Singapore, it can only be done in hospitals and certain clinics. Parents can find out where you can get this test, and then for the test to be evaluated by a doctor with a specialization in kids, allergy, dermatology or immunology. If a doctor cannot offer you the skin prick test, maybe, you ought to consider another doctor so that an accurate test can be taken and interpreted at the same clinic.

Take care everyone!
Mei
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/category/member-bloggers/meis-blog/
Marcie Mom

Re: Seborrheic Dermatitis

Postby ariannahuffington on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:04 pm

I suffer from seborrheic dermatitis on my face. I have to use topical steroids every day. With Foderma serum I've completely eliminated my use of steroids.I was so distraught that my face kept getting worse and I decided to take a chance on foderma and I can say that I'll never look back. I recommended it to my sister who has psoriasis and she absolutely loves it. It's amazing!!
ariannahuffington

Previous