Comments needed - What does your itch feel like?

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

12 posts
sad-sack

by sad-sack on Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:09 am

Re: Comments needed - What does your itch feel like?

yeah it feels like tiny bugs running up and down bittibg you like crazy....yuck i can feel it now on my leg and on my back it feels like its on fire cause i have already scratched it raw and its still buzzing asking to be re scratched even though im in pain when you give in it feels good to scratch it (scratching takes the mind off pai and on to the pleasure of scratcing) and then as soon as you stop you feel the pain of the wound you have created and its red hot on fire and the skin is scabed up you just cant move cause you will just rip your skin and the wound righ open :oops: what a devil of conditions to have and with no cure

lukaface

by lukaface on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:00 am

It almost feels like painful ticklishness (not a word, but hey!)...and trying to fight the urge to itch is unbearable...you know that if you scratch it'll just itch more or burn, but sometimes I think I prefer the red hot pain after scratching than the initial itch...

mariejane

by mariejane on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Mine feels like thousands of pins constantly pricking me over and over again.

scottie13

by scottie13 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:51 pm

OMG, it is sooooo itchy, and always worse at night, I dread going to bed. i wake up scratching my foor with the other until it burns with a sensation similar to shock, honest!! We all know we shoudn't be doing it but WILD HORSES couldn't stop me. Drowsy anti-histamines help but not all night.... :oops:

minime001

by minime001 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:13 pm

I get bitten by mosquitos if I don't keep my vitamin b levels up high. It really works :D Eczema itch feels like mosquitos have had a FEAST all over. The burn tingle drives me mad. I never itch flesh to flesh, but grab a thick piece of material and rub. But sometimes... I go for it, and then it bleeds and then I feel, oh, that is weird. Like I let myself down by itching, giving into it? I'm studying spiritual stuff at the moment and recognising what I do subconsciously. So that was an interesting thought. Another thing to hit myself over the head with. I failed and gave into the itching. I have a sister who doesn't understand I can't make myself better. I don't see her that often as she makes me feel like I failed too. interesting :!:

minime001

by minime001 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:15 pm

mariejane wrote:Mine feels like thousands of pins constantly pricking me over and over again.
yep, that is it too!!!

minime001

by minime001 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:19 pm

ice cubes help. when it gets too much. I grab an ice cube and press to the skin where the itch is burning. the itch starts to subside. It will start again if I accidently touch that area. That is the Bitch of it. over and over and over again. :evil:

Michelle mcgrath

by Michelle mcgrath on Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:50 pm

Stop scratching you will make it worse!!!!
What ever size clothes you are .. Let me make u walk around in XS FOR 3 days sleep in them.
And while doing that shove you feet in shoes that are x2 smaller than your normal size ..
While 3 terrible annoying voices .. Sing that song "I no a song that will get on your nerves, get on your nerves ,I no a song that will get on your nerves.... Etc. over and over constantly none stop.. To the point were you may happily stick your hands inside your brain.and rip it out. to make the song stop..That's how the skin I live in feels when the itch takes over, shoved in a skin two times to small it's tight and .. It's uncomfortable .like a top that is to small, will rip at the seam .if u raise your arm up.That is how my skin feels, it does rip or split , and tear,always in a place that needs to used .. and the urge to scratch that itch is the song above.on and on, you cantry zone it out, and age helps. I could not control the urge as well when I was in my 20's. You can distract your self . But that song carries on persistently. And you are trying to ignore it. U feel distracted as you are trying to do normal things and act as normal, as possible. You are trying to have a conversation,some days it's harder than others. And it's hardwork to communicate and ignore that song . Turns up the volume. Keeps just gets louder. The itch begins to itch and widen the more u ignore it. 3 more people join in the song .there is no peace. no relief. Some days. It just does not leave me alone. As you cant make the song stop .. Or the itch in my case.. So imagine them skin tight clothes and shoes you are put in .. That hurt ..but you can't take them off .. Then imaging a kettle off boiling water poured over you as you scratch just for that minute the song stops it's relief .but it does not last as the itch eases the pain and damage of that scratch ..begins.. as the above mentioned .. Is not enough !!! The boiling water is then added to mix ... All because u had a little scratch.. if the above With that song that does not stop repeating .oh that's not all .. . Then throw in a 1000 little tiny borrower. People .. with little it bend it stings it bleeds .. And the sting and burn feel tiny razors blades inside your skin just slicing away . All because u had a little scratch The pain the burn the agony. That eases but the song starts up again a full blown choir .. Out of tune .. But that itch sometimes min not reachable it seem to just be out of reach no matter how hard you try .. It is metal.. physical. Torment the itch . As u scratch as hard as u can as deep as u can dig your fingers in . That you are burning. bleeding. and still not get any relief,as it is sneaking away from you ,to the bone ,you can't get in deep enough to reach .. So the kettle of boiling water you have had poured on you.. Would make anyone, not even want to move ,let alone touch it .. But for severe eczema suffers to mentally survive the torment, you still feel the need to scratch.. It is not a choice, if you are sore or bleeding or infected,we know when, we shouldn't and really don't want to,as the pain can be so much. You feel the damaged,feel and see it .. But could that make you stop? .. No ..it makes me want a hair comb or an object that ,will reach that place, my fingers can't reach..As it is not one or the other .. Pain and sore and itching are not choice . They are one, and all of the same problem ,Severe excema does not allow the itch or don't .. It is only when we,have done that extent of damage and feel that agony..That we don't want to itch it, and sometimes there's no skin to carry on, stinging.Burning .replaces the itch.we do this to ourselves. we rid the itch. And the pain overrides it. For a little while anyway.. So I don't think asking or telling someone to stop scratching. No one would no the effort we go to everyday not to scratch . If people could understand, that the itch is not bearable .. We have probably fought so hard for hours and hours .. Not to scratch ..as it makes it worse. Just as u wouldn't want that song on repeat 24 hours a day, or have boiling water poured on you to me that is my itch and sorness are both as bad, but you don't get one with out the other and both are cycle of living with excema. We have to live everyday trying to function in the world, as normal as possible ,So it's hard for people to understand ..we have this going on all day, everyday, while out,or working ..we are in a constant battle with are own body's as well as trying to live normal lives.
But if u lived all your life with the eczema itch ..it's so small a word only four letters..to how much it has an impact to an eczema sufferers life .
Last edited by Michelle mcgrath on Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boyaka420

by Boyaka420 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:21 pm

I found the best thing for the itch is a prescribed cream used for athletes foot. Works awesome. I put it on after I shower before putting on moisturizing cream. I also put it on before bed. I also take non drowsy allergy pills.

Have you ever had an allergy test done? One where they put the patches on your back? I found my eczema was triggered by a reaction to newspaper ink. Newspaper ink has colophony in it, which is used in a lot of day to day uses, like shampoo, sunscreen, deodorant and so on. My eczema is starting to go away after a few days of knowing this. It will take a few weeks to go away, but I am happy I know what it is.

12 posts