Eczema on the face

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

73 posts
AnnaB

by AnnaB on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: baby's eczema face

My son would just scratch rather than play as a baby/toddler. The best thing we did for this was to take up carpets and put down wooden floors, this really helped and a few months later tests showed he is allergic to the House Dust Mite so that backed up the expensive step we took. If used correctly steroids should not thin the skin. I had to weigh up the use of steroids for both my babies. I had to decide on their quality of life now as well as in the future. My babies scratched and bled while friends children played. A good dermatologist will support you and see you regularly. We are now using a cream that supresses the immune system. I refused it for over a year and kept going with the steroids. So get refered to a good dermatologist and they support you with their knowledge and accept your opinions too. Wean your baby slowly one food at a time and keep a diary of any "risky" foods. My daughter had an allergic reaction to one spoon of baby rice mixed with formula so for three and a half years has been on a strict dairy free diet. Still with severe eczema throughout. But last month she finally tested clear and was given the green light to have dairy. People very easily blame dairy but over the last few weeks as we have increased her levels there has been no change in her skin. I believe for both my children their eczema flares to the environment and air not the foods within. HDM is a massive factor. Have you tried Hydromol moisturiser, your health visitor can prescribe it as well as gp. Use it as soap and moisturiser it is good.
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

zoobuffalo

by zoobuffalo on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:24 am

Re: Eczema on the face

thanks for the reply anna. i decided to start eating dairy again today and so i guess i'll see if it has any effect on my son's skin. hard to tell yet. what is "HDM"? and i have not tried hydromol. i will have to ask the doc about that. thanks again. i can't wait for the pizza which is on it's way right now!!

AnnaB

by AnnaB on Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: Eczema on the face

HDM house dust mite. Be careful looking at diet related results at the moment, my son is flaring out of control. Pollens are certaily a massive factor. I have signed up on the Benydril web site and get a free text each morning for the pollen count. On Thursday It said so high don't go out!!! Well each day there is a high warning my sons eczema steps up. Pollen is certainly a trigger and tests have shown allergies to grass so as a lad playing football he doesn't stand much of a chance. I hope the pizza was good.
AnnaB
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

73 posts