Burning Eczema

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

4 posts
marie0705

by marie0705 on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:48 pm

Burning Eczema

Hi All, I am 31 years old and have suffered with eczema all my life, mainly on my legs, arms and hands, but around 3 years ago I had a flare up on my face (between my upper lip and nose) and I have tried everything I can think of to get rid of it but nothing works, This really gets me down as people stare and friends and colleagues will say "your face looks really sore today" which is not a bad thing to say but makes me even more paranoid, if stress is a cause of eczema, then the eczema is the most stressful thing in my life, I don't leave the house without some kind of potion, and havn't been able to wear makeup in that area since it started!!! It is so frustrating, here are a few things that I've tried and mus admit that most have been my miracle cure, until about a week later, when they seem to just stop working for no reason, then i'm back on the net for the next!
Cider Vinager - stung but worked great, then it was back again about a week later
Tea Tree Oil - same as above
Borage Cream
Medicleanse - reviews for brill for this - loved it for a couple of weeks
SK cream - reviews were brill for this too
vaseline
chamomile cream
E45 range
Diprobase
bio oil
organic oil
Organic honey cream
HC45
I can't remember anymore but know there have been loads more
My more recent one was Bepantham cream, this worked good for about a week and half, until saturday really and since then hasn't even touched it, today I have recieved my package of Salcura products, which I got the name from, from an eczema site.
Thank you for reading my post and would like to hear if anyone hs this problem, my eczema on my face goes bright red, burns and sort of sweas, stings and itches, when i is clearing it goes flaky and cracked, then can have 1 day of near enough clear then back o the begining, I feel this ruining my life, I hate going out like this

curechildeczema

by curechildeczema on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: Burning Eczema

The ultimate goal for anyone who suffers from eczema is to cure themselves. The ideal situation is to cure eczema using all natural treatments. Just avoid those factors that are known to trigger or aggravate eczema. Some of these factors are weather conditions as well as air-borne allergens, certain foods, skin irritants, and stress. Lastly, keep your skin moisturized.
Natural Eczema Remedies For Children. Download Free Report at http://www.CureChildEczema.com

donna86

by donna86 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:05 pm

hi there I no exactly how you are feeling my eczema has been horrendous for the last 3 years but i have just turned a corner with it these creams are great for a couple of weeks and then back to square one again. You need to find the cause of your eczema because it stems from something. It is such a long and tiresome task to find the cause but you will get there one day. It just makes it so much worse when people have to comment about how it looks coz we all no its not pretty but when someone sits there not understanding it and says 'oh you look really bad today' they dont realize its not helpful and really gets you down I got to a stage at work when I said to people please just ignore it and dont mention it coz I do no its there and do no when its worse!!!!! Keep demanding for testing for your skin my problem came down to a wheat allergy and since cutting all wheatout of my diet I have improved by 85% the answer is out there for you somewhere

Good luck
donna x x x

eczemawarrior

by eczemawarrior on Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:56 am

I can relate to this thread! I am in the exact same boat, hell- I'm probably on it with you. I know this thread is a bit old, but I hope somebody can relate!
Last August 2009 I also had a flare-up in the same area! I woke up in the middle of the night with a burning, raw upper lip. I had to take antibiotics (two 10-day prescriptions) to calm it down. After, my dermatologist prescribed me with Protopic. I used it for a year, but decided to stop. i also went to see an allergist..(Apparently, I'm allergic to NOTHING)
This August 2010, I had another flareup in the same area, and then spreading to the area under my eyebrow. Good god. I decided to take a different approach: I stopped using all corticosteroids and immunosuppressents (Protopic). I decided to consult a Chinese Doctor because I was sure my eczema stemmed from something else. I honestly would advise you to see a Naturopath or something because eczema is triggered by something else inside the body. Although it is a slow process, it heals from the inside and really works. I'm 19 and I decided to take a year of University because I wanted to finally heal my eczema and also I was so embaressed of my skin and my face. I didn't leave my house for nearly 2 months.. I know how depressing it can be, but let me tell you: it gets better!
I started a blog a few days ago, illustrating my struggle with eczema and different approaches I tried. Feel free to check it out.
eczemawarrior.wordpress.com

Happy healing!

4 posts