Feeling lonely with my illness - invitation to talk

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, admin, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

17 posts
bradley01

by bradley01 on Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:03 pm

Re: Feeling lonely with my illness - invitation to talk

On behalf of people who try to provide logical solutions instead of just listening, I apologise, as I tend to do the same thing haha. However, I do myself struggle with eczema, though probably not as bad as some of the other individuals in this forum.

Trying to deal with this is so tricky as there seems to be completely different triggers for different people. I hadn't heard about coffee being a trigger until I visited this forum. If it is any use to anyone here, I have stopped using hand and steroid creams, and have instead been relying on black currant seed oil. I've had rather mixed results so far, one moment the eczema looks like it's clearing, and the next it's red and inflamed again. I've only been doing this for 5 days so far, so maybe I haven't given it enough time, but it could be worth a try for anyone else in this forum since causes and workable treatments seem to vary so much person to person like I said.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:04 pm

Different skin products work for different people. I am glad you're not suffering too severely with your eczema. My brother has the skin condition and it was very unpleasant for him.

I have little medical knowledge but people on here can advise you out of experience and expertise.

landroval

by landroval on Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:54 am

The problem with eczema is what works for someone, may not work for another. I tried numerous topical steroids and emmollients over the years. The only ones that work for me are eumovate ointment and hydromol ointment. You may need to use an emmollient 3 or 4 times a day. You also need to wash with a soap substitute like dermol 200.

curlygirl123

by curlygirl123 on Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:40 am

Suffering bad , no one really understands unless they suffer from Ezcema to a severe extent . Missing out on life things and it’s so hard to drag myself to work and general life, People just think your lazy. depressed as, Still thinking positive after 30 years of suffering as I keep telling myself I will get better. I have had some good times in the 30 years when I was on immunosuppressive medication . Here if anyone wants to talk

Amyfoundation@hotmail.com

by Amyfoundation@hotmail.com on Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:31 pm

Had a row with my sons dad over who's fault it is why my son has eczema.We are both deeply saddened and helpless because we don't know how to help him and we can't share his suffering physically thoe we share it in frustration. Sometimes we think he is lazy,sometimes we think its sugar related,we don't know but his lack of interest in work or education concerns us.
Reading the posts today has made me see it from his perspective but makes me feel I'm now a bad parent for behaving the way I have,I'm just so exhausted. My son is 22 years old,had the condition all his life.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:30 am

Eczema is deeply upsetting and distressing. Your son sounds depressed because he has suffered from eczema all his life. Maybe he's so upset he's just stopped trying.

Maybe having your son talk to a counsellor would help him deal emotionally with his skin condition. He obviously needs emotional support and there is only so much you can do yourself. Certainly you're not to blame for his eczema: his misfortune of inheriting his skin condition was just genetically unlucky. No one chooses their genetics.

Get your son talking to someone.

smithwilfer80@gmail.com

by smithwilfer80@gmail.com on Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:53 am

Loneliness itself is the cause of illness, mental anxiety, stress and depression. Its really good to talk to others and meditate. Even sometimes forgetting illness is the best remedy.

17 posts