Adult eczema - chef/thinning skin?

Moderators: talkhealth, Marcie Mom, AnnaB, StephanieJae, Koh Ming Shao

2 posts
millwall.iloveyou

by millwall.iloveyou on Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:26 pm

Adult eczema - chef/thinning skin?

hello, my mum is a chef and has really bad eczema. She has it all up her arms in one complete block, she has it all over her hands, again in a complete block - (but with the hands if she bends the fingers they go white due to the circulation). She also has it on her feet, and legs. Being a chef it is very hard for her as the over the counter creams are thinning her skin and she burns herself very quick. She has tried everything but i was wondering is there any treatments, remedies or anything that she could do?

sad-sack

by sad-sack on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:16 am

Re: Adult eczema - chef/thinning skin?

try 50% liquid paraffin in %0% soft white parrafin during the night coverd in cotton wraps well any not steroidal cream really.....but not while cooking as it is very highly flammable, actually to be honest i think she should see a dermatologist because this sounds serious and now there is a lot of new stuff available like phototherapy or immuno drugs and creams . i myself did know about the new stuff available and thought no point going to the gp for a dermotolagist referral cause i though my eczema was not bad enough and that they couldnt do anything anyway, but when i went there the dermatologist said i should have come sooner cause my skin was badly damaged beyond repair and most of it is scarred for life.

2 posts