everything i eat i always have a reaction!

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
katiejane86

by katiejane86 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:32 pm

everything i eat i always have a reaction!

Hello im 25 and since the age of 10 I have had IBS, it has always been pretty bad but since the age of 20 I cant eat anything with out getting pain, sickness, bloating or upset stomach. I have been tested for wheat and gluten intolerance & crohn's disease along with other things and everything has come back negative. I have seen a dietitian, Gastroenterologist had numerous blood tests along with a Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy and yet again everything has come back fine. I have even had hypnotherapy as offered to be by the NHS. In the end the only diagnoses I have been given is Chronic IBS, I honestly cant stress enough the amount of pain I suffer from in my stomach and how much it has effected my daily life. I can not fault at all the help I have had from all the docs they have been amazing but after 3 years they said there was no more they could do. if you have any advice or answers I would be most grateful.

Jayess

by Jayess on Mon May 07, 2012 1:03 am

Re: everything i eat i always have a reaction!

Hi katiejane

I was in a very similar situation to yours for many years, and struggled to stay alive, but I finally found the solution, as explained in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=2902

If you have any questions, by all means ask me here.

Best - John

yorkie2703

by yorkie2703 on Mon May 28, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi John
How did you go about getting your help? And how much did it cost you? I am finding trying to get any help outside of the NHS very costly with no guarantee of working.

Fiona

Jayess

by Jayess on Mon May 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Hi Fiona

Helminthic therapy isn't cheap at £1,900 for 3 years' treatment, but I and a number of others have found that it's the only thing that works for this type of condition. It really sucks that we can't get it on the NHS, but that's life, I suppose! The company I use, Autoimmune Therapies (02081 235 364) - the only UK supplier of helminths - will work out individually-tailored payment plans for those who can't find all the cash up front, and they're very good - great service and very caring!

There's a lady in the Manchester area, who's problem is almost identical to yours (all the same tests, and also all negative), who has just got infected with the same type of hookworm that I have, as she's exhausted all the other possibilities and is getting progressively worse.

Best - John

millicent

by millicent on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:49 am

Hi , I know it was a while that you posted but I'm new to this and I've only just seen your post. You seem to have all the symptoms that I have . Have you got any answers to what was your problem were any doctors able to help you or work out what your problem was. I believe I've suddenly become intolerant to all foods difficult to know what to eat as I know within afew hours my symptoms will start- throat and eosphagus irratated, pain in right flank , weakness, generally feeling unwell . I have never felt so ill or been so ill for so long. Within a couple of months I've lost so much weight- probably due to not eating enough. Had loads of blood tests only thing that was found that I was deficient in vitamin d reading of 18. Don't know if this is anything to do with everything - I somehow doubt it .

5 posts