Masterbation

Ask our panel of medical experts your questions about all aspects of sex and relationships, sexual identity, harmful situations (abuse, alcohol drugs in relation to sex) etc.

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
JAMS1970

by JAMS1970 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Masterbation

Hi

I masterbate at least three times a week, is something wrong with me? I have a partner but he doesnt know I do this, Im worried he will think he is not pleasing me

Natasha Anderson

by Natasha Anderson on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:42 am

Re: Masterbation

Masturbation is perfectly okay, there is nothing wrong with you. Lots of people do it but rarely talk about it, perhaps because it’s personal. Religious and cultural beliefs can impact how a person feels about masturbation. Whilst masturbating you become aware of the areas of your body which feel nice when touched. This learning can be passed onto your partner.

If you're wondering whether your partner masturbates, it's not unusual for a man in a relationship to masturbate; in fact this is perfectly normal. Open discussions with your partner about sex could enhance your sexual relationship with each other. You could show your partner how you like to be touched and vice versa.
Natasha Anderson
Sexual Health Adviser and Psychosexual Therapist

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... derson.php

2 posts