Depressed scars on face apearing from nowhere

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy

2 posts
Andyc192

by Andyc192 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:53 pm

Depressed scars on face apearing from nowhere

Hi I used to have bad acne fron 17 -21. I was on numerous bouts of roaccutane. OK my acne cleard and was left with minor scarring which I could of lived with. Now I'm 30 years old I've developed more scarring and is very had no breakouts. They are weird shaped. I'm very depressed. Please note I've had lasers to help and they've not worked. I had ablative co2 laser and was left with 30% more acne like scars.

Justine Greenwood

by Justine Greenwood on Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Re: Depressed scars on face apearing from nowhere

Hello Andyc192,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with the scarring.

Am I right in thinking that your scars have a sunken or pitted appearance? If so, these scars are called atrophic or 'ice pick' scars; however without being able to see them it is hard to tell.

Have you ever sought medical guidance from your GP about this concern? If so, what have they advised?

The NHS choices website has lots of useful background information regarding scarring which may offer you some further guidance. This can be accessed on the webpage http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Scars/Pages/Treatment.aspx

I hope this information may be of use, however I would recommend you visit your local GP or community pharmacist who will be able to assess the extent of scarring and advise you accordingly. Alternatively, if you would like to post a picture or reply with more details, I may be able to help you further.

Kind regards,

Justine
Justine Greenwood
Learning and Development Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... enwood.php

2 posts