Scarred skin

If you have questions about skin conditions other than those listed below, please create a new topic in this sub-forum and ask our experts here.
2 posts
Lebene23

by Lebene23 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:48 pm

Scarred skin

I developed dermatillomania at a young age from stress and trauma. I didn't realise what it was until I couldn't take it any more and googled my compulsive scratching to issue. By then my skin had turned from plump and smooth to blotchy and scarred. My worst encounter with someone saying my skin made me look like a meth head.

My issue with scratching is much better from when I was growing up but the damage is done. Is there any way to restore the elasticity to avoid the dried PVA glue look of my skin?

Also is there any way to fade scarring? I have sensitive skin and scar easily they do not fade well. As a child I had a reaction to the sand or ants at my grandparents home, my sister and I got water filled sacs on our legs. The scars remain as they were 18 years ago whilst my sister's scars are forgotten history.

Thank you

Dr Roger Goulds

by Dr Roger Goulds on Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:45 pm

Re: Scarred skin

It is difficult to comment without the luxury of examining you, and it may be best for you to consult your doctor but you might try using bio-oil which is available over the counter. Check with your pharmacist.
Dr Roger Goulds
talkhealth Medical Director
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... goulds.php

2 posts