Rosacea

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderators: talkhealth, macygravy, CherrySencha, TalontedLex, JulieBC*

2 posts
Shayan Ahmes

by Shayan Ahmes on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:11 pm

Rosacea

I am 15 years old boy.I have my left cheek a bit pink and a bit swollen than that of the right one and pimples are appearing just on the left cheek.It is not so much swollen its just a bit swollen and can be seen if we focus the face.Yesterday I noticed redness on my nose but its reduced after I applied a cream and hope it will be completely finished tommorow.Want to know is it rosacea. Hope its not.I had good skin before that.This destroyed my confidence.I used to be so confident before.This is so bad.Don't really know if its rosacea or something else.Want to get fine.Please help.

Justine Greenwood

by Justine Greenwood on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:36 pm

Re: Rosacea

Hello Shayan,

Thank you for your post and the description of your skin complaint. I am sorry this has upset your confidence and I appreciate that you want your skin to be better.

From your post, it sounds as though this is the first time this has happened to the extent you have described?

You mention that you think it could be rosacea? What makes you think that specifically?
NHS choices describes the symptoms as:
Episodes of flushing (where the skin turns red for a short period), but other symptoms can develop as the condition progresses, such as:
•burning and stinging sensations
•permanent redness
•spots (papules and pustules)
•small blood vessels in the skin becoming visible

How does this compare to your symptoms? Rosacea tends to affect women more commonly than men, and is usually diagnosed in people aged 30 to 50. To read more about this condition, have a look at the NHS choices website: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Rosacea/Pa ... ction.aspx

You mention that your skin is getting better with cream. Which cream are you using? How does the skin appear now?

In order to be sure of the diagnosis and for your own peace of mind, I would recommend you make an appointment with your GP or visit your local pharmacist who will be able to look at your symptoms in full and offer further advice.

Kind regards,

Justine
Justine Greenwood
Learning and Development Pharmacist, Rowlands Pharmacy
http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... enwood.php

2 posts