Possible seizure? Scared and need advice

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
YellowFoxGirl

by YellowFoxGirl on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:48 pm

Possible seizure? Scared and need advice

Firstly I want to apologise if this is the wrong place to post this, honestly I'm nor sure where to turn so I'm hoping someone can help/direct me to the right place. I am not diagnosed with anything but I feel like I may have had a seizure the other night, but am not sure and the doctor really wasn't very informative or helpful. Here's what happened:
A few nights ago I woke up around 2am, checked the time, had some water and checked on my 3 month old. I then lay back down and closed my eyes. Suddenly I felt the strangest thing, I can't explain it, but I went to call out my husband's name and couldn't. I couldn't speak or move, I had the loudest ringing in my ears and it felt like my whole body was shaking. I was aware and it was terrifying. It passed, it was probably not even 10 seconds. Since this has happened I have had nausea on and off, consistent on and off (mostly on) headaches...kind of like a constant pressure/ache. Panadol doesn't help much. I also have random feelings of having cold water poured over my brain. I've been extremely tired, all I want to do is sleep, feeling weak and slightly out of it...like everything is a mental strain. I barely feel like I'm functioning. I also haven't had much appetite. Things haven't been blurry but trying to read makes my head hurt.
Anyway I have never had this before, I don't know what im dealing with, and yes I'm going to get a second opinion. It's been a very stressful time the last 5 months as my husband was diagnosed with a brain tumour and then I had my son 5 weeks early! Please and help or info etc would be greatly appreciated as I am feeling very scared atm xo

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:07 pm

Re: Possible seizure? Scared and need advice

Hi YellowFoxGirl

Thank you for your post. We really would stress that you get checked over by your doctor as soon as possible. If it's not possible to get an appointment then please do try your closest walk in centre.

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards
talkhealth
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

2 posts