British Skin Foundation

Rosy Cheeks not Rosacea?

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

3 posts
rubyrose

by rubyrose on Sat Nov 25, 2023 9:35 pm

Rosy Cheeks not Rosacea?

Hello everyone 8-) , I'm a 16 Male and I have quite red cheeks. They've been red my my whole life. People always assume I'm blushing or hot, but I'm not. My sister has red cheeks, so I'm guessing it's genetic?

I've been to the derm when I was 15, and they said it wasn't rosacea. The redness is only in my cheeks, and am wondering if there's a way to get rid of them? Being a guy, I'm not the biggest fan of being rosy-cheeked.

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:52 am

Re: Rosy Cheeks not Rosacea?

There's no "cure": your rosy cheeks will always be that way. But I can understand how you must feel about having red cheeks.

It could certainly be genetic: your sister has the same, you said, so you're most likely right about that.

Anyhow, I would advise green correction skin makeup but you're a guy so I wouldn't do that.

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:49 am

Re: Rosy Cheeks not Rosacea?

It could be because of a plenty of particular fundamental states of shifting seriousness, including rosacea, demodicosis, dermatomyositis, lupus erythematosus, unfavorably susceptible contact dermatitis, drug-incited erythema, and profound becoming flushed.

3 posts