Prolonged redness after laser tattoo removal

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
triedmind

by triedmind on Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:47 pm

Prolonged redness after laser tattoo removal

Hi all,

Appreciate this one might be a bit out of the ordinary but would be great to get some advice if possible. Photo attached.

I've been working on a tattoo sleeve for the last couple years but wasn't 100% happy with the bottom half of my arm. The artist tried reworking bits and pieces but it still didn't look right so I underwent three sessions of laser which cleared the area almost completely. I then went back to the artist in December with a virtually blank canvas and we've now redone it to a neater standard.

My concern at the moment is that the bottom half of the arm is a different colour to the top (colouring of the skin - not ink or anything) so things aren't quite blending together properly. As you can imagine, the skin has gone through a lot of trauma with multiple tattooing and laser sessions and so is currently a little darker than the surrounding areas.

What's interesting is that if I rub the arm vigorously, say when rubbing cream into it, the redness temporarily disappears and normal skin tone returns, which leads me to think that there is increased blood flow due to healing in the works. How long does this difference in colour usually last and at what point can I expect the skin to calm down and blend in with the rest?

Obviously the trauma here has taken place in the dermis and so is quite far into the skin - is there anything I can do to speed up healing and clear the
redness? Happy to invest in anything that might help.

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can offer, really appreciate it.
Attachments
20240130_184509.jpg
20240130_184509.jpg (418.11 KiB) Viewed 1339 times

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:16 pm

Re: Prolonged redness after laser tattoo removal

Indications of a tainted laser tattoo expulsion site are delayed redness, enlarging, serious irritation, and discharge. Unexplained fevers are one more indication of disease. Anybody with these side effects after the strategy ought to look for clinical treatment right away.

2 posts