first post ! thought i introduce myself.

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

2 posts
williamsmummy

by williamsmummy on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:49 pm

first post ! thought i introduce myself.

I am a mum of four, and one of my sons has multiple food and environmental allergies, he is now 15yrs , so we have lived with allergies for quite a while.
our son is under the care of st marys, who are currently trying to solve the cause of his latest mystery reactions.

we have used the epi three times in total. he has had 6 reactions this year with two epi pens, so allergy wise , its not been a good year.

I do find myself , as his mum, being totally allergy obsessed, and love reading about new studies, and anything to do with allergies.

our son is a typical atopic march child, who showed all the signs of food allergy before he was 3 months old. however we are atopic parents, and my family in particular are filled with itchy and wheezy people!

I used to work with the anaphylaxis campaign with youth workshops, and have volunteered my time over the years for both the campaign and allergyuk. I have been a support contact for some years. I also volunteer my time with a local asthma charity, and give presentations on asthma and allergies to schools, colleges, and early yrs settings.

when my son was younger i ran a parent support group, but as he went to school the allergy problems changed, and my time was limited.
however, over the years i have supported parents via e-mail, giving advice on travel, and food labeling , schools etc.
I have joined this site as its always nice to hear from others living this odd allergy life, and am looking forward to learning something new.
just so you know, in case your interested, my sons current list of allergies is

egg/peanut/some types of beans/kiwi fruit/yeast extract/hay fever/mold/dustmite/tree pollen/cat /dog/ plus mystery food rxn. i think thats it, might of forgotten one....
look forward to chatting with you all!
Sarah Chapman
Alex Curtis Trust
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Sally

by Sally on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:10 am

Re: first post ! thought i introduce myself.

Hello williamsmummy - wow! Welcome to these forums. You have so much experience and I was really interested reading your post. I think you've got lots you can offer people like me in this forum and I'm looking forward to hearing more about how you've coped with allergies over the years.

Best wishes - Sally

2 posts