general eczema discussions

Moderators: talkhealth, RosyHannah, Koh Ming Shao, StephanieJae, Marcie Mom, AnnaB

How can I soothe the swelling? Picture included

Postby justdanni on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:04 pm

I have had eczema ever since I can remember, the flare ups come and go but right now I'm having one that's quite persistent. I have atopic eczema patches across my whole body; arms, legs, torso, upper back, behind the knees and elbows etc. I can kind of deal with it in those places, but the hardest thing for me to deal with is the eczema on my face. It's so dry and sore on my face, and I find it SO hard not to rub/scratch it and peel the dry skin off because I know that leaves it in a weeping mess. Today I started wearing cotton gloves to try and control the damage, hopefully I don't pull them off in my sleep.

I also have eczema on my neck - which is the worst part on my entire body at this moment. I have been trying my hardest not to pick it and rub it, I've had luke warm oilatum baths to try and soothe the swelling but there must be something else I can do.
Since last night after an episode of intensive itching :| :oops: the underneath of my chin has become so swollen that I feel like a frog. :(

Here is a picture -
for the forum.jpg
for the forum.jpg (20.05 KiB) Viewed 202 times

I am 21 years old, female and trying so hard not to let this damage my self confidence. I'm waiting for my referral to a see a dermatologist but what can I do in the meantime? It's so just so uncomfortable I need to try something else that helps reduce this swelling! n :!:
justdanni

Re: How can I soothe the swelling? Picture included

Postby Marcie Mom on Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:38 am

Sorry to hear of the eczema. Will dry wrap or wet wrap work? May be more comfortable than cotton, and trap more moisturizer and keep the skin moisturized for longer time at night. Can check out tubifast for its range of glove/bandage, take care!
Mei
Forum Moderator
talkhealth moderation team

Mei - Founder of http://www.EczemaBlues.com and Mom to Marcie
Visit Mei on her talkhealth blog all about eczema http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog/category/member-bloggers/meis-blog/
Marcie Mom