Talk Men’s Healthtalkmenshealth forum

talkhealth > Forums > talkmenshealth > sexual health

sexual health

Moderator: talkhealth

Skin tags on my penis. Can I talk to a GP?

Postby V16071986 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:56 am

Over the last couple of months, I have noticed what appear to be two skin tags on the base of my penis. I suppose they could be warts but they look more like skin tags. I haven't had any sexual activity in a while and definitely not anytime near when I noticed them, so I don't believe them to be symptoms of any type of STI. I think they are just general skin tags which happened to have appeared in an unfortunate area. Regardless, I want to get them check out. Because of where they are, would I need to get check out at a sexual health clinic or is it something my normal GP can help with? I have never had an issue down there before and I have never had to visit a sexual health clinic so this is all new to me. I have been trying to call up to make an appointment but you can only book 48 hours in advance and they never have any appointments available. My work schedule is so heavy that I barely even have time to call them up because I am on hold for a long time when I do. I can't help but think it would just easier to see my GP. But I don't know if that is the sort of thing they can help me with. I normally just go to see him when I have a bad back or I'm feeling ill or something.
V16071986

Re: Skin tags on my penis. Can I talk to a GP?

Postby talkhealth on Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:05 pm

Hi V16071986,

You sound a very busy person. It must be quite frustrating but you would need to speak to a health professional or pop in to your local sexual health clinic so they can take a look and hopefully put your mind at rest.

It can be easier sometimes to attend the STI clinics because of the fact that they are just walk in clinics without the need for an appointment and you don't even have to give your real name if you do not want to. Also very often they run with workers in mind so you can do so in your lunch break, or the evening if need be. If you do not have any luck with the GP you can look up the clinics online for the nearest one to you.

Do let us know how you get on though.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

talkhealth
talkhealth team
Read our health blog - http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/blog
talkhealth

Re: Skin tags on my penis. Can I talk to a GP?

Postby V16071986 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:44 pm

Thanks. After calling up today to try to book an appointment, the lady actually asked questions about what my concerns are. She actually asked me if I had seen my GP yet. I told her know and she suggested I see them first because it sounds like it may not be sexually related. I am booking an appointment with my GP on my next day off.

Thank you.
V16071986