When you see the PIF Trusted Education Creator or Information Standard NHS England quality mark on any talkhealth materials, you can be assured that the information produced is clear, accurate, impartial, evidence-based and up-to-date. This will help you make informed decisions, for yourself and for your family, when it comes to considering health and care options.
The PIF Quality Mark has now replaced the Information Standard so when these pages are reviewed they will be replaced with the PIF Quality Mark. The quality mark is based on organisations meeting 10 key criteria.
Benefits for you and your family
The PIF Quality Mark and Information Standard NHS England help you to quickly identify reliable sources of quality evidence-based health and social care information through an easily recognisable quality mark.
It helps enable you to:
- Have confidence in the health or social care information you read and feel empowered to make the right choices
- Gain a greater understanding of the healthcare choices available to you
- Make informed decisions about your health and care that are right for you and your family
- Have greater control over your care pathway
- Reduce health risks that may be caused by misinformation.
- By having confidence in the information available, you will be much better placed to influence those that deliver your health and social care needs, and ensure you receive better treatment and care.
Checking health information is trustworthy
Where you see the following logos, you will know that the information you are reading is from reliable, evidence-based sources.
The quality mark opposite will appear on talkhealth website pages and Support Programme information to show that talkhealth is following The Information Standard NHS England