Ask the experts…alopecia and hair loss
According to the Belgravia Centre, 94% of women are worried about hair loss. Alopecia Areata affects two in every 1,000 people in the UK, while 6.5 million men live with male pattern baldness and around 50% of women aged over 65 have some balding.
It's incredibly common - but that doesn't mean it's not alarming when it happens to you. Lots of our members live with hair loss and we know just how detrimental it can be to confidence and body image.
That's why we teamed up with the British Skin Foundation for a clinic on hair loss and alopecia. We were joined by consultant dermatologists Dr Anton Alexandroff, Dr Kapil Bhargava, Dr Nevianna Bordet, and Dr Sharon Wong.
Below are some of the best questions and answers from the clinic:
- Online expert clinics
- Support programmes
- Trials & surveys
- Blogs & forums
- All talkhealth membership features
- TH+ giveaways, vouchers & discounts
- Join our exclusive product review panel
- Expert webinars with healthcare professionals
- talkhealth articles & weekly recipes
- Online exercise, cooking & meditation classes
- Weekly virtual coffee mornings
- Access to talkhealth+ resident healthcare professionals