Bad Ass Steak
Steak is a perfect meal for when you’re feeling a little lazy, and are contemplating eating ‘junky’ food.
Steak takes around 5-10 minutes, so it is extremely quick from fridge to plate. Perfect if you’re eating later than expected, or are in a little bit of a rush. Equally, steaks make a great Friday night treat… perfect to munch on whilst snuggling up on the sofa.
There are many delicious ways that I eat my favourite steak; here are my top tips for achieving perfection.
1. Cook simply, with ample black pepper, a pinch of salt and serve with oven roasted tomatoes.
2. Brush the steak with pure 100% cocoa powder, and simply griddle. This adds aroma and depth. Strongly worth a try. Serve with drizzles of almond butter.
3. Make up some garlic butter, by adding to a blender, a handful of parsley, 3-4 cloves of garlic, and some grass fed organic butter. Roll the butter, and refrigerate. When ready to cook the steak, simply add to a griddle pan, and pop a few slices of the garlic butter on top! Delicious!
4. Smokey Spicey Hot. Take a teaspoon of garlic powder, a teaspoon of chilli powder, a half teaspoon of cayenne pepper, and some salt and pepper to taste. Mix together and rub the steaks. Serve with plenty of cooling guacamole.
5. Mix together in a blender, a glug of apple cider, half a red chilli, a handful of coriander and a sprig of chopped mint. Marinate the steak overnight and griddle.
6. Mix crushed garlic, Italian herbs and olive oil, marinate and griddle.
7. Lime, chopped chilli, garlic and coriander. Marinate! Boom!
8. Griddle a steak with a bit of butter, and lots of black pepper. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes, meanwhile, add a drop of red wine to make a delicious jus.
9. Marinate the steak in a mixture of garlic, red onion, lime juice, chilli, thyme, coriander, oil and honey.
10. Chilli, ginger, garlic. Love this combination.