Hydradentitis Supporativa

talkhealth is teaming up with a team of experts from the British Skin Foundation to answer your questions on psychodermatology. The clinic is open from 26th to the 29th February.
2 posts
Guest Posts
Report Quote

by Guest Posts on Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:04 pm

Hydradentitis Supporativa

I have HS (Hydradentitis Supporativa) It took almost 15 years do get it diagnosed. Is it too late for me to heal the psychological impact of this? It has ruined most of my 20’s and 30’s and now I’m finding it difficult to move forward.
Thanks Lisa
talkhealth team on behalf of a guest visitor

professor andrew r thompson
Report Quote

by professor andrew r thompson on Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:29 pm

Re: Hydradentitis Supporativa

Hello Lisa, it is sadly not unusual for HS to be diagnosed late. You are also not alone in the HS impacting upon your mood. You've taken an important step in being open about this with yourself. The good news it that it is never too late to benefit from psychological support. I'd recommend talking with your treating dermatologist and GP about the impact and asking what support is available. Referral to a practitioner psychologist with experience of working with HS or/and other skin conditions could be useful. With best wishes, Andrew (Prof Thompson)
Dr Andrew Thompson
Registered Clinical and Registered Health Psychologist - DClinPsy., C.Psychol., AFBPsS., DipCAT., FHEA., BA(Hons)

http://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/on ... ompson.php

2 posts