New and worried

Browse our forums now - if you wish to talk to others you need to be a member. Simply follow this link, create a username and password, and you could be talking to others in our forums today!

Moderator: talkhealth

1 post
elizadobson

by elizadobson on Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:34 pm

New and worried

Hello, hoping for some guidance, although I understand it’s not medical advice. In a nutshell… daughter 20, has connective tissue disorder, bleeding PR for last 3 yrs. Saw GP a few times, no evidence of haemorrhoids, no answers. Past year Severe bloating (hard beach ball belly) discomfort, diarrhoea/constipation, vague abdominal pain, occasional nausea. Last 6 weeks all of this has increased a lot, water in toilet bowl completely solid red after BM. Saw GP, abdomen tender, very constipated, referred to gastro as urgent but even that is a 3 year wait list, 7 for routine (NI), prescribed Docusate and Bisacodyl. Ordered two tests of stool samples. So on those meds she had a Few days of cramp and several soft BMs. Then nothing for 2 days, then an episode of excruciating pain, unable to move or speak, looked terrifying, eventually passed thick ish diarrhoea and pain subsided. But residual mild cramp and bad backache remained. Saw out of hours GP, abdomen tender, prescribed Buscopan. Then nothing again for 2 days, until today, another episode of excruciating pain, watery diarrhoea, nausea. I’m going to ring GP again tomorrow. Can anyone offer any advice ? I’m worried about an obstruction or something being missed. The calprotectin test was normal, havent heard back about the Qfit (is that correct?) yet .