British Skin Foundation

Any Advice for Red Cheeks?

Join the conversation here

Moderator: talkhealth

5 posts
dove0090

by dove0090 on Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:54 am

Any Advice for Red Cheeks?

I have always had quite rosy cheeks since I was a kid. Doesn't really matter what I'm doing or where I'm at, they will always be some sort of red. They're mainly on the apples on my cheeks and go a little down. I've had instances of people questioning their redness, and them being somewhat surprised by how rosy they always are. Cold weather and cold showers makes them a cotton candy pink for an hour before returning to their normal hue, and working out and heat does make them much more flushed. They aren't anything of concern for me, it's just a minor curiosity and if there is anything to permanently subdue or get rid of my red cheeks.

talkhealth

by talkhealth on Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:36 pm

Re: Any Advice for Red Cheeks?

Please feel free to post this now into our skin clinic for an experts opinion.
https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/f ... php?f=1455
talkhealth
Visit our events page https://www.talkhealthpartnership.com/events

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:22 pm

You could try makeup to conceal your rosy cheeks. Green cream actually gets rid of redness.

However, if you aren't really concerned about it, just leave your face as-is. A lot of people love rosy cheeks!

advhccenter

by advhccenter on Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:28 am

Becoming flushed is set off by feelings that send blood to your face, making your cheeks become red. There are a few circumstances that might make you seem as though you are becoming flushed when you are not. Chilly climate can turn your cheeks red, yet so can lupus or a hypersensitive response

MissCandyGirl

by MissCandyGirl on Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:15 pm

advhccenter wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:28 am
Becoming flushed is set off by feelings that send blood to your face, making your cheeks become red. There are a few circumstances that might make you seem as though you are becoming flushed when you are not. Chilly climate can turn your cheeks red, yet so can lupus or a hypersensitive response
This is accurate. Again, though, you might want to use green correction foundation to conceal your red cheeks. Your local Boots or Superdrug will sell such makeup.

However, if you are not so bothered about having rosy cheeks, why fix what isn't wrong? Also, ignore others comments about your rosy cheeks: they aren't worth your discomfort.

5 posts