So week one is done on my 30 day challenge.
The results from week one are in too, 6lbs down in 7 days. Pretty impressive.
Now I know that the weight loss will slow down, to be honest I will be surprised if I lose anymore at all.
The lessons I have learned from the past week are:
- That I don’t need a cup of tea in the morning to get me going
- Sugar withdrawal headaches are very annoying, not very painful, more of a dull ache that last for a few days.
- Not being bloated after a meal feels great!
- It doesn’t take a lot of prep to eat healthy meals
- If I don’t eat lunch until 3pm I get very grumpy (I didn’t notice this before)
So what did I actually eat I hear you ask, well quite a lot.
Fish wraps (using lettuce as the wrap)
Spicy Beef Stew
Butternut squash puree with walnuts
Beef rogan josh with cauliflower pilaf rice.
To name but a few.
Have I felt hungry or bored with the food I have been eating?
Not at all, if anything I am feeling full for much longer and I am enjoying cooking everything from scratch. I am already feeling the benefits and I am looking forward to the next 23 days. Onwards and upwards!