talkhealth meets… Dr Ashish Gulve
Last year, the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence found that between one-third and one-half of the UK population (just under 28 million adults) are affected by chronic pain.
The most prevalent pains in this country are back pain, headaches and joint pain. But how do you come to terms with long-term pain? It can be frustrating, confusing and - most of all - debilitating.
To help you understand pain a little more, we invited Dr Ashish Gulve to answer questions about the different types of discomfort you might be going through - and how to manage it.
Gulve is a Consultant in Pain Management and is the lead for the Pain Service at James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough, meaning he is perfectly placed to share expert advice.
- All talkhealth membership features (for free)
- Giveaways, trials & surveys
- Online expert clinics, webinars and coffee mornings with healthcare professionals
- Free support programmes
- Health articles, blogs & forums
- Join our exclusive product review panel