TH+ Expert Webinar with Dr Mandy Leonhardt: Are hormonal migraines making the perimenopause more challenging?
Thursday 11 February, 12pm
The perimenopause can be an overwhelming time for many women, with the transition announcing itself with hot flushes, irregular menstrual cycles, disturbed sleep and mood swings.
On top of these symptoms, 45% of women report that they also suffer from increasingly regular and uncomfortable migraines in the lead-up to the menopause.
This is no surprise. For years, experts have been exploring the relationship between female menstrual cycles, hormone fluctuations and migraines. It is thought that declining oestrogen levels throughout the change are linked to the onset of migraines.
In this exclusive webinar, we will be making sense of menopausal migraines with Mandy Leonhardt, a GP who specialises in women’s health, particularly in later life.
Mandy is dedicated to increasing knowledge around PMS/PMDD and the menopause and has obtained the Certificate in Menopause Care by the British Menopause Society.
Throughout the course of our chat, Mandy will be explaining what hormonal migraines are, how they could be a signal or symptom of perimenopause and tips and tricks for treatment.
- Online expert clinics
- Support programmes
- Trials & surveys
- Blogs & forums
- All talkhealth membership features
- TH+ giveaways, vouchers & discounts
- Join our exclusive product review panel
- Expert webinars with healthcare professionals
- talkhealth articles & weekly recipes
- Online exercise, cooking & meditation classes
- Weekly virtual coffee mornings
- Access to talkhealth+ resident healthcare professionals