On Friday 13 September, we hosted an Eczema Twitter Chat to mark World Atopic Eczema Day (14 Sept) and the start of National Eczema Week (15-22 Sept). We’re very pleased to report the chat was a great success!
In total, 20 talkhealth members, charities like the British Skin Foundation and Eczema Society, and many dermatology experts took part.
During the chat, we asked the following questions:
- If you could only give one top tip to someone with #eczema what would it be?
- What do you find is your main #eczema trigger?
- When you get an #eczema flare up, what’s the first thing you do?
- What top tip would you offer managing a social life with #eczema?
- What advice would you offer about boosting self-esteem when experiencing #eczema flare ups?
- How will your #eczema care routine change moving now from Summer to Winter?
Overall, we received an amazing 100 responses to our questions, with most using #talkeczema and #eczema on the day. We also reached an incredible 43,900 people across Twitter!
For extra support, we currently have a Skin Conditions Clinic where you can ask your questions about eczema and other skin conditions to our panel of experts between now until 30 September.
Looking for further eczema support?
We also have an eczema hub where you can chat with like-minded individuals and experts 24/7 and receive help on any issues all year round.
Plus, if your child has eczema, check out our free eczema support programme, which is packed full of support and guidance to help manage your eczema’s child, including what to ask your GP, emollient therapy, and more.